By: Sylvia Ramirez - Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:37:23 -0800
SUNNYVALE (BCN) -- Authorities are saying that the search for a gunman in Sunnyvale that prompted the lockdown of three schools may have been fabricated.
A search was under way Friday morning between Homestead Road, South Bernardo Avenue, Helena Drive and Wright Avenue for the suspect.
However, according to officials, the sighting of a gunman in the area may have been fabricated in a 911 call.
Sunnyvale's city website posted a statement this morning that said Cupertino Middle School and West Valley Elementary School had been locked down, as well as Homestead High School in Cupertino.
The statement said Cupertino Middle School, which is within the search area, was in "code red" mode while the other two schools were "code blue," meaning they were only locked down as a precaution.
(Copyright 2013, Bay City News, All rights reserved.)